Join a Winning Team
With in excess of 20 years in the game, Swisstrade is a dependable, supportive and successful company. We are always open to welcoming new talent to the business. Whether you have an abundance of administrative skills, are an operative hero or a sales gun, feel free to let us know why it’s you we should bring on board. Feel free to send your speculative CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Executive & Category Manager
Swisstrade is a leading wholesale and distribution partner to the accommodation industry in the Oceania region. With over 20 years’ experience, Swisstrade dominates its market by innovation, industry IP and strong supplier partnerships with leading, industry-specific brands. Our two-pronged distribution approach covers rural and regional hotels/motels through an established network of exclusive resellers (B2B) as well as the premium and luxury hotel, resort and casino sector through a dedicated team of project managers (B2C).
The business specialises in the development, manufacturing and sourcing of guest room supplies, ranging from toiletries, accessories, appliances, equipment, textiles and bedding. Swisstrade represents some of the top tier brands globally in each product category – some of which are:
- ADA International Leading Toiletries & Dispenser Systems Germany
- Marietta Environmentally Respectful Amenities USA
- Rituals Cosmetics Hotel Cosmetics & Lifestyle Items Netherlands
- JVD Technologies Guest Room & Public Area Equipment France/Singapore
- ALISEO Bathroom Mirrors, Fixtures & Fittings Germany
- Absolute Lifestyle Bespoke Designer Room Accessories Hong Kong
- DESON Housekeeping and Room Service Equipment Shanghai
- Marco Polo Premium Linen and Towelling China
- Bemboka Luxury Hotel Throws, Robes & Blankets New Zealand
- Downia First-Class Bedding Solutions Australia
Thanks to a buoyant industry, rapidly growing demand and unprecedented opportunities in distribution and brands, we are offering a competitively minded and experienced professional the prospect of joining our flourishing business and a team of six, as Sales Executive & Category Specialist.
This Sydney-based role is an expansion of our external sales force and central to the ongoing success of the business. Together with the owner and the sales manager, the role forms part of the business development team and offers scope for both personal and professional growth.
The role requires a high degree of mobility and independence, with an average working week being on the road 3-4 days and frequent (monthly) interstate travel being required also.
It is important to note, that we are looking for great attitude, a striking personality and entrepreneurial drive. Previous experience in sales is advantageous as is a previous career in the hotel industry.
High level responsibilities:
- Drive recurring sales of Guest Room Supplies (equipment, appliances, accessories, textiles, bedding and amenities)
- Target territory : Capital and second tier cities
- Target market : Premium, Luxury and Lifestyle properties
- Target accounts : Hotels, Resorts and Casinos
- Champion the Guest Room Equipment & Appliances category as the go-to specialist internally as well as for our external key accounts
The candidate will be provided with comprehensive product and sales training, as well as on-the-job mentoring in the initial phase of his/her tenure. The Sales Executive also has full access to a new ERP system that provides transparency of stock availability and stock movements as well as accurate sales analysis and reporting.
Together with input from the sales manager, the candidate will be provided a pool of existing key accounts and will develop his/her own customer base following the above listed priorities.
- Memorable personality, engaging, contagious, enthusiastic
- Demonstrated understanding of operating realities in the hospitality industry
- Results-driven, savvy and hungry for success
- Networked, connected and reputable within hotel sector
- Service oriented and customer centric
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership and accountability
- Proactive and solutions-focused
It is important to understand, that Swisstrade is a growing SME, not a large corporation. We pride ourselves on our high degree of competitiveness, ability to think on our feet and deliver above market expectation. We are a young team of keen, driven and highly professional individuals enjoying a fast-paced environment in a booming industry sector.
The individual most suited to this position has a ‘can do/will do’ attitude, initiative, is creative, adaptable and naturally performance motivated to succeed in this dynamic role. We are looking for a personable team player with strong social competence.
- Flexible and adaptive to a mobile working environment and ever-changing locations e.g. hotel lobbies, cafes, co-working sites, home office etc.
- Agile and quick decision making paired with a solution-minded sales approach
- Advanced planning and prioritising skills to maximise opportunities
- Numerate and computer literate
- Natural ability to negotiate
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maximising sales potential
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Up-to-date with social media communication on a business level
Previous exposure to the hotel industry is highly regarded but a career path in a service-oriented industry is mandatory. The role is most suitable to:
- a current sales representative seeking to take that next career step and assume business development responsibility
- a current hotel professional looking for a career opportunity in sales (Mon–Fri) to the premium and luxury hospitality industry
- a successful sales executive in search of that next career move with exciting development opportunities
- a current business development manager looking for an industry with more growth prospects or a more diverse product range to promote and sell
The candidate ideally comes from either a small/medium sized business with sales experience of at least 3 years in a similar or closely related role, OR from a guest-centric hospitality career path with exposure to sales/marketing and a minimum of 5 years operations within the accommodation industry.
How to apply:
- In 250 words or less, describe why you are the ideal candidate for the position and how you will excel in the role based on the skills, experience and personality assets you bring with you
- Include your CV
- List 3 companies from which you will provide references if required
- Send your application documents to email@example.com with attention to Peter Weingartner, Director – Swisstrade Pty Ltd
We look forward to hearing from you.